Wednesday, July 30, 2008

cover songs that arent cover songs

What can I say about today? It sucked. It was long. Finally got back to the hotel around 9:30 and I was starving. Diner time. Nachos Supreme. I feel ripped off though cuz I paid 2 extra bucks for the Supreme and it didnt come with the jalapenos as advertised. Duh, salmonella dummy. Bah! As I ate my nachos, I heard a cover version of that not-so-wonderful song, "Life Is a Highway". You know it, "life is a highway. im gonna ride it all night long"bum bum bum bum. Aggggh!!!! Not only is it a horrible song to begin with, but somebody covered it. Then I got to thinkin', "The original sounds like a cover song to begin with". Right? It's one of those songs that is just is so bad, that it sounds like it's already a cover, but it isnt. For a few moments I thought of some other songs that sound like they are cover versions, but arent. The first song that came to mind was "BlackVelvet". You know, "Black Velvet if you pleeeeaaaase!!". I gave up there, but I should have kept going cuz, I shit you not, the next song on the to come up on the diner radio was Black Velvet, by the ever unpopular Allanah Miles (whoa, howd I remember that?). Shocked and awed. It couldnt have been more perfect.

No comments: