Monday, July 28, 2008

Fountains of Wayne

Wayne NJ, here I am. Not so bad, considering I am in New Jersey. Getting here was absolutely horrible though. Thank you again Magellan Road Mate 300. Rental car this week is a Chevrolet Cobalt LT. I think the LT stands for Low Tolerance. As in, it has a low tolerance for any sort of speed. Dear Chevrolet, the narrow pedal on the right makes the car go when you step on it. Thank you. It has XM radio though, which is pretty awesome. Found the station that plays W.A.S.P. and Kiss and Slaughter and Kix and Iron Maiden and some other ridiculous band of the time called Jetboy (who I have never heard). I love that station. Oh, back to Wayne. Apparently there really is a Fountains of Wayne. An actual place, not just a crappy band. Who knew? The roads. Damn the roads here. I need to get used to these damn jug handles. What a mess.
Working in West Milford this week. The ride there from the hotel reminds me of living in CT. Narrow and winding roads cut through the woods along stone walled yards and the random pond here and there. I like it. I wish I had a better car to enjoy the roads, but that isn't why I'm here is it. The site where I am working is real nice too as well as the people. This is going to be a good week.

Oh, and at home, Kira started middle school today. I don't know how that happened. Poof! Last night whe was freaking out about the schedule, and getting up early, and switching classes etc. That didnt seem to bother her when I spoke to her this afternoon. She seemed really excited. That makes me happy.

I am off to bed to watch the end of "True Stories". Odd movie.

1 comment:

FireInTheSun said...

Haha... First off, I totally remember that band, Jetboy! Their singer had an Exploited-style liberty spiked Mohawk, but regardless of his punk image, they were still a dime-a-dozen '80s schlock-rock band. Only in Jersey would they still get radio play...

I cannot believe Kira is in middle school. I can vividly remember holding her when she was two weeks old. Tell that girl to stop growing up! She's making us old as dirt...