Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Buggies and bricks

Not much exciting going on today. First day of actual work. A long 11 hour day, but the rest of the week should be easy peasy, 9-6. The pharmacy is in Union City. City isn't really what I would call it. Union Pimple maybe. Population 3 thousand something, 97% white. They have a McDonalds which I went to twice today, once for coffee and once for lunch. Yuck. I will be brave tomorrow and try one of the few local places. Problem is, the guy I am training with isnt too adventurous. He got excited about a McFlurry. Nice guy though, and helpful as hell. The highlight of the day was walking out the backdoor and seeing an Amish man parked in his horse and buggy. Wow. He had dropped his wife off to pick up some meds. Culture shock. Odd thing is, I was trying not to stare (and damn I wanted to take a photo but refrained) but he was watching me in amazement as I talked on my cell phone. I think I even heard him say, "Your world frightens and confuse me. My primitive mind cant grasp these concepts." Okay, he didnt say that, Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer did.

Tonight, I ate some dinner and took this photo for John.
After dinner, I drove around beautiful Erie and found lots of run down brick buildings.

That is all.

1 comment:

FireInTheSun said...

Maybe Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer lives in Erie these days. That town is looking a lot like a cave actually...