Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Shellfish Tuesday

Shrimp salad sammich for lunch, lobster for dinner. I havent eaten an whole lobster, ever I dont think. It probably wont happen again for a long time either. Too much work for such little reward. She tasted great though. Yeah, female. I checked. Odd how the day goes. I was reading my free USA Today this morning, and came across an article on how the green shit in lobsters (tomalley) is highly toxic. Apparently it causes temporary numbnesss and tingling in your mouth, throat, and neck. Hell with that noise. I stayed away from that. The story and my lobster dinner were purely coincidental.
Before.
After.

What a difference a state makes. In New Jersey, you can go to a "licka sto" and buy beer, wine, and liquor in a any size available. None of this by the case only crap like I experienced in PA last week. Novel.

I need to bring some more music with me. All I have with me is Grand Funk's "Got This Thing On The Move" so I can learn this for band practice, and this damn song I have been listening to non-stop for the past 2 weeks, "Somebody's Been Sleeping" by 100 Proof Aged In Soul. Who? Exactly. Great song with some funny ass lyrics, "what a shame, what a shame".

Also, my Sunday ritual has come to an end, again. Every Sunday night for the past couple of years, I have downloaded that nights airing of Top Gear from the BBC. Well, I'm not actually downloading it from the BBC, but i think you know what I mean. This season, season 11, was only 6 episodes long. Boo. "Back in Autumn". Heres a great clip of a happy Richard Hammond beating the accountant. It was Britain vs Germany. Give it a try, it's more than just a car show. There is going to be US version (I am laughing inside) that is supposed to air soon. I hope it works, but I have my doubts. No way they can capture the humor and sarcasm of May, Hammond, and Clarkson. More on that later. I need sleep.

1 comment:

FireInTheSun said...

"Somebody's been sleeping" is a cool tune. As I type, "Ghosts of Princes in Towers" is playing...

Hope the rest of your week is going well. Don't eat no green lobster guts!!