Thursday, August 21, 2008

More from Goochland...Richmond VA

Working in Goochland, Land of the Gooch, has been better than expected. Work has gone surprisingly well and I have seen a shitload of people that I havent seen in a long time. Years. Literally, some of them over 11 years or so. Nuts. Tuesday night, saw some bands and some people I did not expect to see, good and bad. Last night, I went to Tony Brown's place to see him, Holly. and the kids. Great time. I have never met their youngest Noah, and Angus was breastfeeding and fresh from the womb when I saw him last. These kids are like the perfect brothers. Kicking ass, climbing shit, playing with race cars, and beating the hell of one another, but yet seconds later, laughing and playing with one another. It was awesome. Tony and Holly are some great parents. Hey Tony, "nature". Hell, there was even an pre-show appearance at the Brown household courtesy of Hugh Wallace. Shit, I mean Q, as Angus called him.

Tonight I ate dinner with John, Andrew, and Hugh (again, wtf Hugh) and his wife Melissa. Vietnamese night. I had some Pho and a Lucifer. Pitchfork not included. I got to talk about the Olympics. Yeah, boooring, but I get off on these damn Olympic games. Next to the eating establishment, Mekong, was a gas station named Chubby's. Clearly named after it's proprietor, John Thomas Wallace. It's times like these I wish I had a real camera with me. Andrew got sick in John's Miata by the way...hahaaa.

After dinner, back to the hotel. More Olympics. Short distance running, etc. Yeah, the 'mericans got the silver and the bronze. Still, the silver winner was giving us the #1 sign and saying, "#1 baby!!" Actually, from what I remember, the silver medal is 2nd place. Just sayin.

Tomorrow, I shall see my sister.

Angus



Noah


Chubby in front of Chubby's, I swear!

2 comments:

FireInTheSun said...

Where did Angus get that blonde hair?!

Retracted said...

mailman