Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wellsboro.

Well, I couldnt take staying in Mansfield any longer. It was about an hour to work, plus I was on the smoking floor and I couldnt take the stink anymore. It was suggested that I stay in Wellsboro, about 15 miles closer to where I am working in Westfield. A great choice. This is a cool little town. It is the home of the first mass produced light bulbs, and the little downtown area has lots of little places to eat, taverns, a theater and streets lit by gas lights. This place is also home to the PA Grand Canyon, which I hope to take photos of tomorrow. The hotel. Much better than the smokey Comfort Inn in Mansfield. My floor was the smoking floor and full of out of toen contractors drinking Bud Light, playing horseshoes, smoking Marlboros and hitting on front desk clerks. It sucked. No smoking allowed here at the Penn Wells. Apparently it was built in 1920's and feels every bit of it. I got an actual key for my room. The restaurant walls are lined with large black and white photos of people and the local area. It reminded me of something from the Overlook Hotel, but I couldnt find Jack Torrence in any of the photos..










No comments: