Monday, December 1, 2008

Finally made it to Medicine Hat

My flight to Toronto left late, which made me too late to catch my flight to Calgary. The next flight to Calgary from Toronto wasnt until 7:30pm. By the time I went through Customs, Immigration, retrieved my bag, and went to check back in, it was 2:30. 5 hours in the Toronto airport went by surprisingly fast. When 7:30 rolled around, I hopped on the plane for the 4 hour flight to Calgary. Luckily the plane had private screens, so watched "The Dark Knight" which I have to say I enjoyed. It was long, but that didnt matter too much since I had a 4 hour flight in which to kill some time. I got some sleep too. When I arrived in Calgary, I had to take a short flight to my final destination, Medicine Hat. I knew I would be on a small plane, but I wasnt expecting what I saw when I walked to it on the runway. A 19 passenger Beechcraft 1900D. It was basically a cargo plane with some seats. No overhead room for carry on. It was neat though to be able to watch the pilots navigate it and to be able to see the runway though the windshield as we landed. Anyway, it has a been a long day and it's time for bed. I have another long day tomorrow.

No comments: