Monday, October 13, 2008

Birthday in the Rockies.

Of course, I'd rather be spending my birthday at home with the family, but driving through the Rockies today was pretty amazing. I am working in Montpelier ID this week, very near the ID/WY/UT border. Flew into SLC and drove 3 hours through the Rockies on some great roads on the Logan Canyon Scenic Byway to get here. I have never been to this part of the country before, so the size of the snow capped mountains and Bear Lake left me in awe.  This is a really good time to be here. It will be in the 40s for most of the week and hitting near 60 on Friday. Lots of photos below. One photo I didnt get, was the ginormous basket of goodies and baloons wishing me a happy birthday from Susan, Kira, and Victoria. 



From UTID
Dodge Coronet
From UTID
McDonalds Maverik.
From UTID

From UTID

From UTID

From UTID

From UTID
$1800, custom Cherokee. WTF?
From UTID
Partially built house on the hill.
From UTID

From UTID
I have snow.
From UTID

From UTID
Malibu rental did not like the twisty roads of the Logan Canyon Scenic Byway.
From UTID
I didnt have to drive on this bridge but I did it anyway.
From UTID

From UTID

From UTID
Cave.
From UTID
The Malibu got scared when it saw these signs.
From UTID
Scary but fun blind curve.
From UTID
Rick's Spring.
From UTID
Bear Lake. Photos do not show the shear size of it. Truly incredible.
From UTID

From UTID

From UTID

From UTID

3 comments:

MaryLou Lindelof said...

great pics...what a spectacular birthday gift!!! luv..mom

FireInTheSun said...

Dude, you're seeing a much prettier side of Idaho than I saw. I'll take beautiful scenes of the Rockies any day over freakin' downtown Boise...

Purl Scout said...

happy belated birthday, joel!